The weather was just beautiful this past weekend and we (meaning Brian) decided it was time for Jack to get a taste of fishing. There's this little duck pond in the park across the street from our house and kids under 13 yrs old can fish in it, catch and release. I think there's some perch and carp and who knows what else. So we all 4 headed down there after supper on Sunday, with our new $12 Lighting McQueen fishing pole, $8 matching tackle box, $4 worth of bobbers, hooks, and bread, and a partridge in a pear tree.
I LOVE THIS PICTURE.
He looks so big, my little man!

No fish were caught on this trip, a bit early, Brian says. Personally I think we had a bite or two, but they got away while Brian was daydreaming about future trips to the southfork of the Boise River with his new fishing buddy. Yeah right, we have a few more years until that happens. Under Jack's fishing pants is a size 5 diaper, and I don't think there's a changing station at the boat dock.
Don't be fooled, the "fishing" only lasted about 3 minutes, then Jack decided throwing rocks into the water was more fun. "A big spwash, Mommy!" That'll definitely scare away any curious fish.
Watching brother and Daddy. He'll be 1 yr old in 2 weeks.
Next year, you can go too, Caleb.
No comments:
Post a Comment