Monday, March 8, 2010

A Busy February

So this was a GRRREAT month for us because....GRANDMA WAS HERE!!!! Fun for everyone!

See these happy faces?



These are the smiles you get when Grandma comes to town. Hope you weren't too bored, Mom, because we LOVED having you here and miss you already.


One of the (many) great things about Grandma coming to town is Mommy and Daddy get a bit of a break. Here's Brian enjoying his break in Washington State while my mom was with me and the boys in Idaho. That's a steelhead, a saltwater trout, which are very difficult to catch, or so I'm told, hence the huge smile on Brian's face. Here's me at the top of the mountain in Sun Valley, when Brian and I spent the night for my birthday and Grandma stay with the boys. We had a great time skiing, beautiful day. See that smile? Oh, thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou, Grandma!



A few of my good friends joined me and Mom for dinner in Boise for my big 3-0. Thanks for the fun evening, Ladies!




Mom and Jack playing outside. That's a pretzel in his mouth, not a cigar.


So Caleb got his two front teeth (6 total now) and is no longer a vampire baby, phew! He is EVERYWHERE, literally two steps behind Jack. He now says, "Uh-Oh", his first word (if that even classifies as a word), as well as "choo-choo" and a few others that sound like "ma-ma", "da-da," and "all-done." I love this picture b/c look how big his belly is! PS. I didn't notice this before but I actually got Jack in this picture too, on the right.


Mom went to Monkey Bizness with us one day. Here she is eating lunch with Caleb, who we lovingly call "Fatty" because of his gi-normous appetite. Again, falling in line behind his brother. Jack ate 8 (eight!) pancakes for breakfast the other day. Now, those of you who know me well know I have a healthy appetite and am not ashamed to show it. I was full at 5 pancakes. Do they have a payment plan at the grocery store b/c these boys are going to break me. Maybe the bank will give me a loan...


Posing for the camera at the top of the slide at Monkey Bizness.

If you ever see Jack, there's about an 80% chance his hair is sticking up due to a stubborn cowlick. This is Grandma's attempt at keeping it at bay.
I think it stayed this way for about, oh, 6 minutes. And yes, I've tried leave-in conditioner and other products. No luck. I don't care, I actually like his rooster's comb!



Caleb on the move. He's taken a few unassisted steps, but prefers this scooter-walker thingy.

The boys playing under the toolbench. I'm tellin' ya, it's Monkey See, Monkey Do around here.

Playing outside with my mom.

I love this one. Caleb thinks he is so clever when he plays peek-a-boo!

This scenario actually has me on edge the whole time, but the boys both love this game. And since this was taken, Caleb can now push Jack as well.

This is just a sweet video of Caleb learning to rock in the rocking chair. He seemed to enjoy it. Listening to Jack in the background is pretty entertaining too!

If you've followed my blog at all, you know Jack LOVES to sing! For this next video of him singing, here's the story: We have started splitting up as a family at Mass on Sundays, with Brian and Caleb in the Cry Room and Jack and I up front with the rest of the congregation. He behaves better this way and learns to sit quietly (for the most part, he IS just 2), say the prayers and sing the songs. He just can't get enough of the Hallelujah!

No comments: