Monday, April 5, 2010

San Diego, Baby!

Ah, I was my turn! My turn to have several days in a row without the kids, just Nikki, not Mommy. Lea Ann and I went to San Diego for 7 glorious days, just the 2 of us. Well, and Baby Heuser--Lea Ann is 4.5 months preggo! Not part of the original plan for this trip, but we still had some big fun!
The highlights (since no one wants to hear about every, single, fabulous, relaxing moment of our trip):We hit Sea World and the Wild Animal Park the first 2 days. Note the glorious weather, a sunny 75 degrees. Beautiful. Also note how we have our sleeves pulled up, trying to get some mo' of that glorious sun. This will later be a problem, hence Lea Ann covering her arms in every other picture! Also note my cane. I've been training for a half marathon and really hurt my foot 3 days b4 our trip, to the point Brian thought it might have been a stress fracture. He's like, "You need to stay off of it on your trip." Me: "Ah, not gonna happen. What's the next best thing?" Him: "Crutches." Me: Exasperated laugher! Him: "Will you use this cane then?"
So I took the cane, with no intention of using it, but my foot hurt soooo bad, I had to use it everyday and ice down my foot every night. I know, you don't have to tell me, it's sexy!
Crispy. Yikes! Thing is, we were together the whole vacation, and she got really sunburned and I only got a tad pink. We attributed it to the pregnancy.
Had to take the corny shot like all the other tourists.
Going to a piano bar in the Gas Lamp District, cane in hand!

Lea Ann shopping for hat to cover her crispy skin!
She's so silly. Like anyone would believe there's a catus growing out of her head. Now, I often believe there is a Jake growing out of her rear end, but that's a whole different story. (kidding, Sis.)All purty at a Comedy Club in La Jolla, me with a double Captain 'n Coke, Lea with a fruit drink. I know, pregnancy is just the warm up for the real sacrifices you make during parenthood. I kept this thought to myself--I didn't think she would appreciate it at that moment. La Jolla again. Beautiful. Sushi at Saska, also in La Jolla. Yum! At least she could eat the cooked stuff, right? Another thought I kept to myself, as I sipped my beer. At the beach in Coronado. Note the umbrella, since someone was still crispy. This is the only picture of us we took at the beach, since neither of us wanted to be photographed below our ribs. Which is weird, I know, since about a thousand people saw us on the beach that day, but hey, we'll never see THEM again.


Last day, we were both happy and sad. Sad because vacation was over. Happy because Lea Ann skin was healed. ;)

2 comments:

Tiffany Wickes said...

Oh man I am super jealous! You look great and it looks like you had a great time too.

Laurie R. said...

Sweet cane, lady! I hope your foot feels better soon.
Looks like y'all had so much fun on your trip!