
And we were ready for Easter baskets in the morning, followed by Monkey Bread for breakfast (if you don't know what Monkey Bread is, you're missin' out!), followed by Mass at our 200 person capacity church--which we attended with about 600 other people. 2 sides to this coin: 1) it is absolutely wonderful to see so many people worship together, on Easter Sunday, no less. 2) I'd prefer not to worship with the stranger next to me sitting in my lap.
It. Was. A. Zoo.
I think we're going to start attending Mass on base. Plus, they have educational Christ-based classes for the first 20 minutes for kids ages 3 and up. Jack's tall for his age, he'll fit right in.
Anyway, we got back from the zoo, I mean church, and had our friends The Schore's, over for lunch (Domino's delivery! We're fancy that way.) and an Easter egg hunt for the kids.
Now, it was Brian's idea (and I must admit, I concurred) that we should fill the eggs with not-so-sugary treats. The last time Jack had a lot of candy (Christmas) he threw up, so we were trying to avoid this scenario. The Schore's, lovely people they are, decided to heckle us about this in a lovely, Christian way. To read about said heckling, just visit their blog, www.schorefamily.blogspot.com. Erin is far more clever and cunning than I, or anyone else I know for that matter, so I'm sure you will enjoy their ribbing of us.
Back to the egg hunt. The kids loved it and Jack's basket couldn't hold all his eggs. No problem, he decided to eat all the candy in the eggs before the hunt was over. Of course, he threw out all the healthy treats and went straight for the most sugary ones. I don't know how many times I heard him exclaim, "MMM! Gummies!"
It was a great day. Thank you Lord, for everything.
2 comments:
I made your blog-- I'm famous! ;)
So glad y'all had a wonderful Easter, friend. We miss y'all so much!
xoxo
Post a Comment