Jack attended his first rodeo with Brian and our friend Austin Findley and his daughter Caroline, who is the same age as Jack. From the stories, I wish I could have been there to see the two kids dancing in their seats, mowing down some popcorn and cotton candy, and overall waaaaay too excited about some PBR. After that day, Jack sang this song everyday until my ears were bleeding.
Here's one of Caleb walking, though he is way more steady now.
At 14 months, this kid's personality is quite apparent. He is a cuddle bug and very easy to put to bed. He is happiest when full, and holy smokes, can this kid eat. Typical lunch for him is a hot dog, a cheese stick, a bowl of grapes, a pancake, and some goldfish. He is also quite stubborn and will push/pull Jack over any time Jack is in his way. Just grabs his shirt collar. He can also throw quite a fit when he doesn't get his way, just throw himself on the floor in this dramatic gesture. It's comical, but I'm afraid we're going to have to "sit on" this child harder than we did his brother.
We got a new SLR digital camera last month and I took a photography lesson from a professional photographer, so I'm hoping to produce some good pics of the boys as they grow. Here are a few of my recent favs:
The only decent pic I have of the both of them, and it's not even that great. One of my goals with this new camera is to get a "wall worthy" picture of the two of them to frame. This is not it.

Potty training. Gotta wash our hands! And Caleb, never too far from Brother.

His first fish at the duck pond. Brian hooked it, Jack reeled. Brian's heart swells when we ask him what he wants to do for fun on the weekend and he replies, "Ummmmmm, go fishin'."

Red cheeks are eczema, which turned into an infection. Better now, though he's on the move so much it's hard to get a good picture of him. He had tubes put in his ears at the end of April due to the number of ear infections he's had. None since, so hopefully he won't be on antibiotics anymore and we won't worry about his liver. Ha! PS. I know the tie under the chin is not cool, but it's the only way to keep the hat on his head. He's actually pulling it off in this pic!

Blue eyes. Getting ready to "help" me wash the car.


This was after church one Sunday when during Mass, Jack decided he was a "big kid" and went to the front with the rest of the actual big kids for a blessing from Fr. Peter then off to Sunday School. Once at the front, he got scared, froze, all the kids left except him, and he's standing there by himself staring at me. As I desperately motion to him to go with the other kids, the Sunday School teacher takes his hand and leads him out. 2 seconds pass and we hear, "MAMA!" and he comes running out and back down the aisle into our pew. Everyone is chuckling, I'm embarassed, Jack is whimpering, and mercifully they continue with Mass. If he asks to go with the big kids again, I'm gonna tell him, "Not until you're 4!"

Mother's Day. I love these two boys more than words, but I ditched them after church that day and went shopping with a girlfriend in Boise. Thanks Brian, you're the best!

So, the boys and I watch The Ellen DeGeneres Show everyday, though really I try to watch it with them climbing all over me and end up just turning it off and watching it later after they go to bed (thank you, DVR). I love Ellen, I think she is funny and happy, and most days I really need the giggle. Jack also loves Ellen, but for different reasons. Jack loves to dance. Ellen loves to dance. He loves to dance with her. At the end of the video, he even mimics the way she sits in her chair, which stops the music.
2 comments:
Oh, friend, this is a great post! Love the pictures and videos! Those kiddos are growing so fast. Hugs to you all. I miss you so much!
I think the camera agrees with you, great pictures! LOVE the one of the naked butt at the sink =-)
Post a Comment