Friday, February 25, 2011

Busy, busy, busy...

Wow, am I the only one who feels like February just FLEW by? It's like I blink, and BAM! it's over.

Well, we've been busy, so that's prolly why. First, the awards banquet. Yes, I got a new dress, but the only picture I have of us from the evening is this one:
Not great. Brian has such a nice smile, but I think he was just tired of being in his mess dress. But whatever, we had a great time and I was so proud of Brian for being the Med Group FGO of the Year, second year in a row. And, we got a grown-ups night out, away from these cute monkeys.Then, we went to a murder mystery party, which neither of us had been to before. It was a 1920s theme and we had a lot of fun (I was the murderer!), though talk about stepping outside your comfort zone! And, another grown-up night. Sorry, Monkeys!THEN, one of the best weeks of the year....Grandma Visits!!!Oh, the fun we had! The boys love her, of course. Who wouldn't love constant spoiling? "Sure Sweetie, you can have cookies and ice cream for supper!" Kidding, but there is always a painful period of "back to the Real World" after Grandma leaves, though it is always, always worth it. Part of the reason Mom comes in February is b/c my birthday is the 20th, (note Brian's made-from-scratch chocolate cheesecake that was DELICIOUS!!!)and Brian and I had planned a 2-Day, No-Kids-Allowed ski trip to McCall. A very essential part of this plan requires someone to leave the kids with, and we all know you can't leave these Monkeys


With just anyone for TWO days!
Enter Grandma. thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou....

You get the picture. We.LOVE.Grandma.


Sooo, we (meaning me) booked a condo at Tamarack Resort in right outside of McCall Idaho, 3 hours north of Mtn Home. B-E-A-utiful! Cascade Lake is huge and there is a ton of lakefront property and it all makes for a gorgeous view from the top of the mountain. We skied Tamarack on Saturday, then Brundage Resort, just north of McCall, on Sunday. We went with our friends, The Findleys, and between the skiing, great house with outdoor hot tub, great meals, tons of laughs, and altogether laid-back-no-schedules-no-kids days, we all had a wonderful weekend, one that should last a year...for Grandma's next visit!


Whew, I'm tired.

But, I'd totally do it all again.

Even turning 30.

Oh shoot, I'm 31.

See, times flies....

1 comment:

Darling's said...

You looked beautiful and congrats to Brian! Oh my gosh, the snow weekend looked awesome, so glad you got all that snow to enjoy!! Happy Birthday and I can not wait to see you in less than 3 weeks!!