Friday, July 9, 2010

California Trip

So, we got back last week from a week with Brian's family in Yreka, California. What a great trip we had! Parks, horse rides, pool time, new toys, cousins,


Caleb and Lily checking each other out.




"Hmmmm...I don't know about you. You might steal my snacks."

The whole Langford clan (minus Lowell and his bunch and Andy and Kristen).



With Uncle Paul, my mother-in-law's brother. They got along pretty well and Uncle Paul taught Jack to play checkers, though I think he just liked to make them all fall out.


Great Grandpa and Grandma Lendman. We visited them down in Redding. Grandma Lendman is a tiny woman, but she wanted to hold Caleb, while she was standing up, no less. I told her he was heavy and started to pass him to her. Her arms start to shake and she grunts something like, "Oh my goodness, I can't take him." and gives him back to me! I TOLD her he was heavy!


With Grandma and Grandpa Langford.


Reading with Grandpa.

With Aunt Sydney and Hayden, their only first cousin on the Langford side.




Hayden, such a happy, happy girl!Caleb loves the water (and doesn't mind his silly hat too much).
Hayden and the boys taking a bath together after a long day of fun. Matt and Andy shot off some fireworks after a family dinner over at Aunt Cheryl and Uncle Doug's. Caleb loved it, of course. Jack loved to watch them, but didn't like the noise, so he sat in my lap with his hands over my hands over his ears, watching and laughing and clapping.

My father-in-law and I after our race. We ran the Mt Shasta Mountain Race, 5 miles. Great race, very scenic, and a killer last mile. I ran a 42:52, which I was pleased with. Brian went fly fishing up on the Umqua (I know that's not how it's spelled, but that's how it sounds!) River, and Don joined him for the day. Very beautiful river.
The boys got to ride horses at Aunt Cheryl and Uncle Doug's ranch. Both the boys loved it! Caleb threw the biggest fit when his turn was over!


That's Mt Shasta in the background. Reading with Grandma Langford.

I thought this was hilarious! We were trying to get a picture of the boys with their Great Grandma and Grandpa Langford, but as you can see, it wasn't happening. Caleb was NOT going to sit on Grandpa's lap and Jack wouldn't get any closer to Grandma. Not their finest moment.

The great grandkids, Jack, Hayden, Caleb, and Lily. Very patriotic on the 4th of July.


Caleb and Lily checking each other out.


"Hmmm...I don't know about you...You might steal my snacks."

No comments: