Thursday, July 1, 2010

Missouri Trip

Whoo! I'm tired. We spent Memorial Day weekend in Missouri with my family, then Brian went back to Idaho to work and the boys and I stayed for another 2 and a half weeks. It. Was. Great! We saw lots of family and friends and had so much fun. Plus, the weather was perfect, warm but not too hot. Here are some highlights.

First up, Lea Ann's baby shower. This will be the first grandaughter in our family, so we are very excited! Mom and Dad with all their grand kids, all boys (until September!). Caleb 1, Bryce 8, Ryan 5, Grady almost 2, Jack almost 3.
Ryan's 5th birthday party. He wants to be a bull rider when he grows up, so it was a cowboy/rodeo theme. He is always pretending to ride bulls, which Jack thought was great, so he does that now too.

Ryan's teeball game, which Tony's coaches. Ryan likes to bat last b/c that person gets to hit a home run, instead of just a base hit. ;)


Grady, Bryce, and Caleb watching the game. Visiting Grandma Younger while she recovered from a broken hip, which she broke the day after we got there. She is doing better and is at home now.

Visiting Uncle Tony and Grandpa at their tire shop.
Margie, me, and Missy at Missy's house in Republic, Missouri. The boys and I drove up to her house and Margie and her girls drove down from Fulton. Since the Air Force moves us so often, it's hard to stay in touch with old friends. These are the only friends from high school I still keep in touch with. We spent the day with all the kids in the backyard playing in the water. It was great to catch up.
"Helping" Grandma water her flowers.Playing in the hot tub, which the boys both loved. I think we got in it nearly everyday, especially on the days they didn't get a bath. Ha!



Jack and Ryan became best buddies. We've been home 2 weeks, and he's still asking to go over to Ryan's house. Ryan showed Jack how to "steal" strawberries out of Great Grandpa and Grandma Friga's garden. Lots of fun! New baby calf, born that morning.
Uncle "Jeek" and Caleb when Mom and I drove to Peoria, Illinois to visit Jake and Lea Ann. What a fun time we had, but the travel with the kids was NOT fun. 6 hrs one way. yuck. But the time spent their with them was priceless. I hope we can host them someday.


Our good friends, Angie and Brad Darling (see last month's post) were visiting their families in Springfield, Illinois while Mom and I were in Peoria, so we stopped by on our way to Jake and Lea Ann's. We missed Brad (he was coming the next week due to work), but we got to meet their beautiful kids, Addison and Brennan.

At the park in Peoria. She's still a kid at heart! Caleb really enjoyed Grandpa. Dad would walk in the door or be heading up to the house from the barn, and Caleb would run right to him. It was sweet to see.

Riding the train at the Freemont Turkey Festival. He also rode the ferris wheel with Grandma and one of those little car rides. He was in heaven!
Once we got back from Peoria, it was time to go back to Idaho. Mom fly back with me and the boys to help me with the traveling (thank goodness!) and stayed for 3 days before going back to Missouri.

Mom and Jack riding the elephant at the circus in Boise. I think he enjoyed it!

Eating cotton candy, his favorite part.
So we're all back together now and we're headed today to California to see Brian's family over the 4th of July. Did I mention I'm tired?

2 comments:

Darling's said...

Busy,busy, but what a fun time you guys had. Thanks again SO much for taking the time to swing over and visit us. Gosh, I miss you!!!

Have fun in CA!

Laurie R. said...

Whoah! Y'all had a big time, huh? So glad you got to visit family and see the Darlings. That's great!
I miss you, friend!