So, as you may know, we've been "in the process" of potty training Jack this summer, which SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, for those of you who have never done this. What a mind-numbing, kick-me-in-the-face process.
Anyway, he's got Number 1 down pretty good, about 90% of the time he tells us. Number 2 is a whole different ball game. He has now caught on that he is in a Pull Up at nap time, so that's when he does his daily business. Joy, Joy. He actually calls for me about an hour into naptime and says, I pooped. I change him, then back to nap time, though no nap actually occurs. Fantastic.
Is this progress? Or have I been duped?
Here's the spin I'm putting on it: Any day I'm not washing poo out in the toilet is a good day. I'm marking this as a good thing.
2 comments:
Oh Nikki! I am only a month into this whole potty training and I am about to wipe my hands of it! I commend you for being so strong and consistent with it as I am quickly thinking my child can run around in her diaper for the rest of her life if she chooses! I love you friend, hang in there!!!
Same boat. I asked Nolan when I diaper him at "nap"(which is never a nap) time "please tell mommy when you have to poop so we can go to the potty" and to which he replies "no, I'm going to poop in my diaper". That's just great. I thought if I left him in underwear maybe he wouldn't poop... nope. He just took them off and after 3 poop finger painting sessions and 1 professional cleaning later I decided to just let it be and he will come around to poop in the potty. I'll just be thankful he is #1 trained at 2 1/2.
Post a Comment