Monday, August 30, 2010

Western Idaho State Fair

As the rest of the country smothered this summer, we actually had a very mild one. I mean, we all wore jeans and brought sweatshirts to the state fair last night.

In August.

It was 72 degrees. Unheard of.

Anyway, we love the fair. We went on the last night b/c admission was half price (woo hoo, there's 7 extra bucks in my pocket!), but more importantly, the Carousel (sp?) was free ALL DAY LONG. Now, my husband, God Love Him, gets motion sickness from playing "Ring Around the Rosie" with Jack (funny mental image, yes?), so guess who got to go on the Carousel with the boys.

7 times.

In a row.
I think only a jet pilot would be able to withstand that kind of nonsense without some nauesa. Up and Down, Round and Round, Up and Down, Round and Round...each time with a huge "Hi Dad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" as we passed my smirking, chuckling husband.

It was sooooo funny, right Brian?

We also spent a large amount of time in the farm animal tent, a huge hit for any kid.
Then, our favorite part: fair food. Here's the lineup for us last night:

2 strawberry lemonades
2 corndogs
2 gyros
1 churiso
1 corn on the cob
1 order of fried cheese
1 fried twinkie
1 fried snickers
1 order of fried oreos

then we got some food for the boys...just kidding. What can I say, it was our free day on the diet, so our motto is, "Go Big or Go Home."
We saw this strange little man wandering around by himself, so we took him home with us.

2 comments:

Tiffany Wickes said...

I just love the last few posts. I'll have my state fair pics up by tomorrow. I about peed myself laughing at the pic of the boys wrestling. Thats what it looks like in my house except Georgia is usually biting a chunk out of Nolan or screaming bloody murder for assistance. Ughhh... exhausting little creatures!

I'm Erin. said...

That food list is impressive!