Here's my pre-preschool on his first day of school, and I use the term "school" loosely. Yes, they have a curriculum, projects, workbooks, etc., but there's a ton of playtime too. He's going 3 days a week for 5 hours a day.
He was very excited this morning when he found out he was going to school, though just a tad hesitant when he realized Caleb and I weren't going with him. He said, "You go with me please, Mom? I don't wanna go by myself."
Oh, my heart starts to break! Is this really a good idea?
Yep, yep, we're going. We'll just see how it goes and if in a week it's not working, we'll try again next year.
In his classroom, getting ready to start cirle time. This is when I had to say goodbye and almost lost my composure. I said, "Ok Baby, give me a kiss and hug, I gotta go now." I could feel my throat close a bit, but of course he took it all in stride, gave me the obligatory kiss and hug, said "Bye Mom!" and went off to play trucks with his friends Kaden and Madeline. I was glad he wasn't "by himself."
With Ms. Pam, his teacher, though he calls her Ms. "Ham". I don't know why.
He seemed to have a great time, though we couldn't get too much information out of him. Just some mumbling about a song, rest time, coloring, and growling like a lion "like Aiden does," whoever that is. I'm sure we'll find out.
With Ms. Pam, his teacher, though he calls her Ms. "Ham". I don't know why.
Oh, and to answer the question you are burning to ask:
No, he didn't deuce in his pants at school.
He saved that for naptime at home.
Again.
I'm over it.
1 comment:
What a handsome big boy!
So glad his first day went well.
I can sympathize with having to pull teeth to get any info on their day.
At least you can plan for the poop, no?
Post a Comment