I've been rock climbing indoors for about 5 years now, minus the time in there that I was pregnant. Last weekend, I finally got to go climbing outdoors with my new friend, Amanda, and her friend Kristen. We went to Blackhills, which is just east of Boise. It. Was. Awesome. One of my bucket list items checked off!
The view

Brian made me agree to wear this dorky climbing helmet. Since becoming parents, we have new rules we both follow regarding safety, the logic behind it being that neither of us want to raise these boys without the other one! So I wear a climbing helmet and he wears his lifejacket when fishing. Besides, we're waaaaaaay past trying to be cool.

Amanda "on belay". It was about 60 ft up there.

Being goofy. Safely goofy.

Yowza, that was way up there and that rock on the left is actually hanging out from the face of the wall about 4 feet. With the wind whipping around up there, I was definitely nervous.

But I made it all the way up. And we're going again this Sunday!

2 comments:
Love the handstand!
That is so cool and I am so jealous!
Post a Comment