Thursday, October 27, 2011

Fall 2011

So I thought I'd get in another update before Halloween and our upcoming trip to Missouri. 
Here's some photos of Mom and Dad's trip out here.  The boys just love, love, love them!  We went to the hot springs, picked apples, went to the zoo, and to the corn maze ad pumpkin patch.  Mom and Dad drove out here pulling Mom's parent's 5th wheel (a task I don't think they will attempt again) and the boys thought the camper was the shiz.  They wanted to be in it all the time, especially when Grandpa was trying to watch the Cards game out there! 






Here's Caleb's latest "incident."  While Brian was on his fishing trip (pics below), I took the boys to Burger King as a special treat.  They were being really good and playing nicely in the playland, so we got ice cream.  While ordering at the front, Caleb ran head first into the railing and split his head wide open!  Thankfully, there wasn't too much blood and the UCC was empty and my friend Angela could take Jack while Caleb and I were at the hospital.  He did great and was so proud to help the doctor fix "the hole in my head."  Skin glue is awesome, but there will still be a scar. 
 The boys' preschool took a trip to the local corn maze and pumpkin patch.  Caleb's favorite:  a rocking horse in the corn been.  Weird.
 Jack's favorite:  climbing all over the hay maze.  We really had a great tie this year and they both are big enough to enjoy it all. 
 Somebody in town dressed up an old pickup to look like Mater.  The boys LOVE IT!
 We took the boys fishing at a recently stocked pond in Eagle.  They both caught one (read:  Brian and I fished with their McQueen rods, hooked one, then handed them the rod to fight the fish and reel it in), but they really enjoyed playing with the fish once we landed them.  Poor fish, never had a chance.
 And here's a couple shots of one of the steelhead Brian caught on his trip to Orafino, Idaho.  It was his most successful fishing trip since we moved to Idaho and he really enjoyed himself. 


Here's 2 funny stories that I write about, not just for your reading pleasure, but because they are so funny to me, I never want to forget them:
Jack:  since he has been potty trained, he has had a phobia of port-a-potties.  Who can blame him, right?  They are gross.  But I'm talking about a huge freak out if we even mentioned it, if it was the only choice.  Many a venue did we have to leave because someone had to poop and there was no "real" potty.  Fast forward September 2011:  Jacksen turns 4.  We are at a park.  He announces he has to poop.  I say, "Well, let's go home then because there is no potty here, Buddy."  He points to the port-a-john and says, "What about that one?"  I stumble around for words and stutter, "That's a dirty potty, you won't go in those."  He frankly states, "I'm four, I can go in them now."  and he marches in and does his business.  Gross, I know.  But I was dumbfounded.  huh?!?!?  The real kicker?  Caleb announces he needs to go too and insists on pooping in it too. 
I could only laugh and tell them "Good Job." 

Caleb:  This is the story of why Caleb got a "big boy bed" at the tender age of 2 1/2.  So it's a regular day, Jack is at preschool and it's Caleb's naptime.  I put him down, then lay on the couch for some TV start to fold some laundry.  I hear a noise at the top of the stairs and go to check it out.  There's Caleb, NAKED, coming out of his room.  I say, "How are you out of your crib and why are you naked?????"  He gives me a shrug and says, "I'm done."  No, no, no, no, no, no, no.  Crap.  Since then, naptime is hit-or-miss and I never know what to expect from my little exhibitionist. 

No comments: