Sunday, November 6, 2011

Batman & Buzz

What a great Halloween it was for us this year!  Every year before, we've had at least one child too young to really understand what was going on and, like many parenting experiences when your kids are very small, it ended up being a lot of work with not much enjoyment and you look at your spouse and go, "Why do we do this to ourselves?".

Not this year!!

These boys were all ABOUT it!  The fun started with carving pumpkins.  Jack loved sticking his hands inside his pumpkin and pulling out the "gunk."  Caleb, not so much, but he was a good cheerleader and loved his pumpkin that daddy carved for him.  He was being so silly, so I told him to say Cheese!


Then he kept holding it, so I kept snapping and got this.  hee hee!
 

Look how big they are!  BTW, Jack drew pictures of how he wanted Daddy to carve the pumpkins, so this is Brian's work but Jack's idea.  Also note that Jack has on his boots again, with one pant leg up and one down.  Again.  

Almost ready!  Might I add that we almost had a Buzz Lightyear and....a hammer.  Yes, a hammer.  That's what Jack originally asked to be for Halloween.  As I racked my brain trying to come up with the appropriate material for the hammer head, he changed his mind after I came home from my friend Stephanie Lowe's garage sale with this batman costume.  Needless to say, I was relieved. 

They were super excited!  It was so windy, I thought Caleb was going to blow away with those wings.  He kept running as fast as he could and yelling, "Blast Off!"  In typical Caleb fashion, he refused to say trick-or-treat and just pouted for a bit.  However, once he saw Jacksen getting a ton of loot, he changed his mind and was right behind Brother.  

It was great watching them and really kind of stress-free. We finally got to be the parents strolling behind their kids and waiting for them on the sidewalk to go to the next house. After about an hour, they were tired and cold, so we handed out candy at our house, which the boys loved as much as getting candy themselves.  They kept yelling, " Some more kids are coming, Mom!  They are almost here!!"  It was a great family experience and I hope we have many more Halloweens just like it.

1 comment:

Tiffany Wickes said...

Our experience was similar, minus not having little ones. Georgia figured it out pretty quickly as we strolled our one block. The LOVED passing out candy. I have a video of Georgia shouting "the kids the kids they coming!"