Thursday, October 28, 2010

Pea in the Nose

I just had my first "object in the nose" experience, and considering I've had boys for over 3 yrs now, I'd say that's not too shabby.

I was snacking on some sugar snap peas and Jack, ever curious, asked what they were and if he could have some. Of course, Honey, I'll share my deliciously healthy snack with you! He loved them, my little Human Garbage Disposal, so I gave him a handful and he sat down with them to watch Dora the Explorer (a new fav at our house). Fast forward 5 minutes and I hear him blowing his nose. I look over and he doesn't have a tissue. Great, I think, what else has your father taught you? I walk over and say, "Jack, why aren't you using a tissue?" he gives me this confused look and continues to blow. I kneel down to scold him and notice a huge lump in his upper nostril. Yep, a big ol' green snap pea.

Fortunately, it came out no problem. I tried not to laugh, I really did. I don't think I fooled him.

Honestly, I'm just glad he didn't shove one up Caleb's nose too.

No comments: